On Friday, our family likes to keep the supper very simple so we choose a Crockpot meal. This week we are having shredded beef sandwiches.
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. salt ( I usually leave out the salt)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 drops of tabasco
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. In skillet brown both sides of meat in oil. Add onions and celery and saute briefly. Transfer to slower cooker add broth.
2. Cover. Cook on low 2-8 hours or until tender. Remove meat from cooker and cool. Shred beef.
3. Remove vegetables from cooler and drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups broth. Combine vegetables and meat.
4. Return shredded meat and vegetables to cooker. Add broth and remaining ingredients and combine well.
5. Cover. Cook on High 1 hour . Remove bay leaf.
6. Pile into 8 sandwich rolls and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Find this recipe plus more like it in the Fix-It and Forget-it Cookbook, Feasting with your slow cooker!
This post is linked to: