Want to try something different then regular Cranberry Sauce this year? How about Cranberry Pudding…in the Crock Pot! It isn’t what you might be thinking either. It is more like a soft, moist bread like pudding instead of a jell-o-y molded pudding. Enjoy!
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 cups whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix together flour and salt.
2. Dissolve soda in boiling water. Add to flour and salt.
3. Stir in molasses. Blend well
4. Fold in cranberries and nut.
5. Pour into well-greased and floured bread or cake pan that will fit into cooker. Cover with greased tin foil.
6. Pour 1/2 cup of water into cooker. Place foil covered pan in cooker. Cover with cooker lid and steam on High 3 to 4 hours, or until pudding test done with a tooth pick.
7. Remove pan and uncover. Let stand 5 minutes then unmold.
8. To make butter sauce, mix all ingredients in saucepan. Cook, stirring over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
9. Serve warm butter sauce over warm cranberry pudding.
Makes 8-10 servings
This recipe is from the FIX-it and FORGET-IT Cookbook page 246.